The 2017 AFPM Environmental Conference
15 - 17 October 2017
ERM has been a participant at the AFPM Environmental Conference for over 15 years. Focused on regulatory and policy issues at the refinery and petrochemical plant level, its sessions aim to provide solutions and compliance mechanisms for a facility. The conference’s poster session highlights technologies and systems developed or used by organizations to improve environmental compliance and controls.
Read more about the conference
ERM at the Conference
ERM will host a workshop on Regulatory reform, and present 7 papers and 2 posters. ERM is supporting the conference as a Silver Sponsor.
Workshop: Making the Most of Regulatory Reform
Sunday, October 15, 2017, 1:00 pm - 5:15 pm
This workshop will provide expert perspectives and interactive discussions, to present insights, scenarios, strategies, and solutions for the evolving regulatory reform movement. It will focus on the current actions that directly affect the refining and petrochemical industries, and provide strategies for participants to avoid common pitfalls, so they can make the most of the regulatory opportunities at hand.
Technical & Poster Sessions
ERM helps clients understand, frame and manage business opportunities and potential EHSS risks associated with a project or operation. We look forward to speaking on these topics through a number of our sessions, as listed below.
Monday, October 16, 2017
- NSR Reform in 2017 - What's Next?
Kenneth Weiss, ERM and William Wehrum, Hunton & Williams LLP
- PSD Ozone Modeling - What that Means for Refiners
Rich Hamel, ERM
- Preparing your Community for Fenceline Monitoring Data
Toby Hanna, Andrew Woerner & Kristina Mitchell, ERM, and Kristi Moore, Paulsboro Refining Company
- Flare Minimization – A Report from the San Francisco Bay Area After a Decade of Plan Implementation
Lynn McGuire, Sky Bellanca and Michelle Yakubisin, ERM
- Refinery Process Stream Composition Data – Update to Speciation Data in API 4723
Mary Hess & Andrew Woerner, ERM and Cathe Kalisz, American Petroleum Institute
- Building Out Your FLM Toolkit (Poster)
Andrew Woerner, Hedrick Strickland and Harry Hottenstein, ERM
- Practical Approach to Preparing the Refinery MACT 1 Flare Management Plan and CPMS Monitoring Plan (Poster)
Patricia Sorensen, ERM and James Pankey, Countrymark Refining & Logistics
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Flare Management During Process Unit Shutdown
Craig Bradley, Environmental Resources Management
- Flare Monitoring Scoping for RSR
Patricia Sorensen, ERM and Charles Barksdale, Philadelphia Energy Solutions, LLC
Please contact Navita Khokha at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about ERM’s participation at this conference.