The power sector is experiencing a fundamental shift in structure and underlying economics.
Ongoing deregulation, new market entrants, operating cost, and increasing political pressure are among the factors forcing developed markets into adopting renewables and driving traditional utilities to change their business models. These issues are further compounded by the ambition to de-carbonize power generation to mitigate the impact on climate change, while still remaining cost effective.
ERM partners with our Power clients to understand their challenges and provide both strategic and tactical solutions, including:
- Supporting their capital projects portfolio;
- Managing asset hardening;
- Addressing environmental health, social and safety (EHSS) operational performance improvement issues;
- Developing leading edge safety programs;
- Providing managed services to address resource concerns;
- Ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Creating and implementing strategies and tactics to sustainably retire assets; and
- Supporting refurbishment of brownfield sites for renewed economic development.
We are increasingly finding that the intricacy of the challenges requires a multi-discipline solution. ERM’s cross-disciplinary approach incorporates our broad technical knowledge with in-depth market insights to help bring significant value to our clients efforts to substantially improve business performance.