Renewable energy holds the key to cutting global greenhouse gas emissions and meeting one of the biggest challenges facing humanity.
Around 90% of the renewable capacity required to hit net zero emission targets by 2050 is yet to be built, and global renewables installed capacity will need to grow 10-fold by 2050 and requires over $25 trillion investment.
Success for companies in this rapidly expanding and increasingly competitive market, means facing many challenges and navigating risks which vary across markets and technologies:
ERM brings renewables support at every level of the organization and at every decision gateway, be it securing project approvals, supporting day-to-day operations, or tackling strategic challenges – all while reducing risk and driving value creation.
At ERM, our highly skilled and experienced professionals work collaboratively with clients to find powerful and creative solutions. Strategies that reduce risk, add value and enable organizations to thrive. We provide support across the private and public sectors, from market leaders and government agencies to new entrants and technology start-ups. Leveraging our deep knowledge of energy policy and markets, commercial acumen and extensive on-the-ground experience we help our clients make the right decisions in corporate strategy/go-to-market custom research and public affairs.
Our diverse and talented team of professionals has worked on some of the world’s most significant energy projects, leading companies large and small, across a range of technologies. They understand the particular challenges of renewable energy and have the advanced skills to solve them. At any stage during development, construction or operation, we will work with clients to find cost-effective solutions that maximize the value of the project over its lifetime. We offer support services in development services, due diligence and independent engineering.
Top-tier analysis and industry foresight, presented with clarity and tailored to our clients’ needs – that’s what our expert market intelligence team delivers. ERM's expert insights make sense of the ever-growing quantity of industry data in the rapidly expanding renewable energy sector. We track the deployment of projects in established and emerging markets, regionally and globally, across all stages of the development pipeline. We specialize in providing data services, modelling and forecasting and market analysis.
We provide support services across the following technologies:
- Offshore: Our expertise covers the full offshore wind value chain, from development, through construction, to asset management and decommissioning
- Onshore: We provide deep knowledge of the technical and commercial aspects of utility-scale wind power generation worldwide.
- Wave & Tidal: We provide development support and specialist environmental advice to marine projects across all project phases from early-stage site selection, site characterization, leasing, and project design, through to consenting, compliance and the design and management of environmental monitoring programs.
- Solar Power: Our services support all aspects of utility-scale solar power, such as Utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV), concentrated solar power, and solar power combined with battery energy storage systems.
- Other technologies - Our team has direct experience working on emerging renewable emerging technologies, such as wave and tidal - power generation to high-altitude wind power. In short, we cover the technologies that will enable the energy transition.
Our global team of leading experts in renewable energy combines international best practice with local understanding of regulations to help our clients implement leading renewable energy solutions at pace. This knowledge and expertise is leveraged with proprietary, cutting edge digital tools and proven workflows to provide integrated ESG, project development, and technical advisory solutions on a global scale. We cover the technologies that will enable the energy transition.
In the fast-changing and complex world of renewable energy it pays to keep on top of ever-increasing amounts of industry data. ERM leverages its Global Renewable Infrastructure Projects (GRIP) Database, a dynamic tool that provides access to strategic information on the global renewable energy market, across a range of technologies. Currently the tool provides coverage of the offshore wind projects and will be expanded to other technologies soon.
ERM also uses GRIP to provide custom services and analysis, turning data into valuable insights that add value to your business and helps you stay ahead of the game.
ERM Dolphyn project
ERM is developing the innovative ERM Dolphyn project that aims to produce zero-carbon hydrogen from offshore floating wind. We are looking to work with and learn from leading suppliers and emerging technologies across our entire supply chain. Read more about the project, and how you could play a role. Learn more