Financial Services is at the heart of every economy around the world. Without it, no other sector can operate.
Companies in the financial services sector and the organizations they work with are experiencing increasing pressure from regulators and wider society for greater transparency around the actions they are taking to integrate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors in their investment and ownership processes and the way they themselves operate. This can be seen throughout the industry, in statements from leading investors like BlackRock and initiatives like the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
ERM works with all aspects of the financial services sector from banks and development institutions, to asset managers such as private equity and their portfolio companies, as well as asset owners including pension funds, insurers and Sovereign Wealth Funds. We have a range of services to help our clients in this industry address strategic, tactical, and operational opportunities and risks arising from ESG factors. These include:
- ESG strategy, policy and implementation framework and related advisory services
- Transaction Advisory services (Mergers & Acquisitions, Sell-side due diligence, Equator Principles due diligence and monitoring, post-merger and post-acquisition integration, Impact analysis, liability and compliance assessments)
- Low carbon economy transition services including TCFD aligned assessments and scenario analysis, Greenhouse gas (GHG) footprinting, application of Science Based Targets (SBTs) and Net-Zero strategies.
- Sustainability/ESG reporting and disclosure, ESG ratings/rankings, Investor engagement
- Portfolio analysis and strategy
- Social issue advisory including, human rights, supply chain, stakeholder mapping, and conflict resolution
ERM continues to evolve the range of skills and experiences within financial services, to help in operationalizing sustainability with world’s leading organizations. Our intention is to give our clients greater comfort in understanding and managing their risks and realizing returns on capital, while improving their sustainability aspirations.