The Chemical Industry is a 3 trillion dollar sector that touches almost everything in our world - from the food we eat and the clothes we wear, to the way we travel.
As a result of this broad scope, the sector includes a diverse range of companies. ERM works with clients ranging from the petrochemical to specialty manufacturing companies and has identified three major trends impacting their business:
- Increased demand for sustainability in their operations;
- Digital transformation; and
- Accelerated Globalization.
These trends manifest themselves in a range of issues that directly impact the strategy and operations of all chemical companies. We work with the most prominent chemical companies to manage the resulting challenges, including:
- Responding to increased social and investor pressures to act responsibly and increase sustainable practices while maintaining profitable operations;
- Demonstrating improved environmental and social stewardship to meet greater customer and end user expectations;
- Maintaining compliance with the continued growth in regulations globally;
- Applying better technology and data to maintain a competitive edge; and
- Navigating mergers & acquisitions, divestment, and asset retirement.
We bring value by understanding their immediate and long term needs and providing support that ranges from broad corporate sustainability to services that help with product stewardship, safety, due diligence, and remediation.