Diversity, equality and inclusion (DE&I) all contribute to our overall performance and reputation as a world-leading sustainability business, with a significant impact on our ability to achieve our commitments.
At ERM, our approach to inclusion builds on what we are doing to nurture our people and, importantly, reinforce our company values our company values. In 2019, we held our first ever Global Inclusion Week (GIW), where we looked at the impact of DE&I on our organization.
This year’s theme is about being ‘all in’ for inclusion, emphasizing the need for all of us to act, as individuals, leaders and teams, in ways that build our inclusive culture: All Inclusive: Respect. Accept. Empower.
During the week we will discuss what all employees at ERM can do, whether as a colleague or a leader, to bring our inclusive culture to life across ERM. We are doing this through regional observance webinars and global communications, discussing the theme and the specific actions of respect, acceptance and empowerment to ensure all our staff have support from both their colleagues and an inclusive employer.
Inclusive Culture Advisory Group
We also have a representative advisory group who champion ERM’s DE&I culture. This includes regularly providing feedback, advice and insight from the business, as well as highlighting where there is room for improvement. Specifically this involves:
- Acting as a DE&I role model in their region and, more broadly, as a leader of our global DE&I champions network
- Providing advisory support to the Global Inclusion Lead on key topics; raising issues identified by ERMers
- Strengthening ERM’s Employee Resource Groups
- Playing a key role in the annual Global Inclusion Week
- Ensuring our DE&I activities align with our overall DE&I ambition and business priorities; assisting with the creation of the annual DE&I plan