ERM today published its Sustainability Report for FY12 which marks a significant step on its journey as the world’s leading sustainability consultancy.
"One Planet. One Company. ERM." This is the name of our ambitious five-year business strategy that recognizes the growing importance of sustainability to ERM and its clients. Two years into this strategy the company’s performance across all areas of the business is demonstrating positive results that are reflective of our market-leading position in sustainability consulting.
Last year, ERM produced the first internally published Sustainability Report for fiscal year 2011 (FY11), which included an assessment of the company’s business risks and opportunities across its seven core areas of sustainability: people, health and safety, business conduct and ethics, environment, community, thought leadership and clients. This provided the foundation that has led to this first external Sustainability Report for ERM, which covers fiscal year 2012 (FY12) spanning the time period of 1 April 2011 through 31 March 2012.
During FY12 significant investments were made in a number of the core areas of sustainability which will provide a platform for more consistent, comprehensive and focused delivery against key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets for the company.
In FY12 we continued our strong sustainability performance including:
- Adding core modules to the ERM’s e-learning platform, the ERM Academy,
- Extending video conferencing facilities to 57 offices making it accessible to 80 per cent of staff,
- Donating more than $900,000 in company funds and $374,000 in staff contributions to the ERM Foundation, and
- Exceeding $1million in commitments and investment to the Low Carbon Enterprise Fund since its inception in 2008.
On launching the Report, CEO John Alexander said: "At ERM we believe the greatest impact we can have on sustainability is through contributing our expertise and resources to helping companies address the world's most challenging sustainability issues, through both professional services for our clients and thought leadership initiatives"
He went on to say, "In FY12 we:
- continued our long-standing involvement with the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD),
- became an organizational stakeholder with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), and signed the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC),
- were asked to join the Advisory Group of the Business and Biodiversity Offsets Program (BBOP), and
- for the second year, were the sustainability partner for CERAWeek, recognized as the most prestigious meeting for global energy executives.
Our aim is to work with clients to help them understand and address their own sustainability challenges, over the entire life of their projects, assets or ventures.
I firmly believe that as a full service sustainability consultancy, with operations in 39 countries and territories, and projects in 160 countries, we are ideally placed to partner with our clients in assisting them with addressing the most significant global sustainability issues as the world's population continues to grow and economic development places even greater demands on the world's resources and society.
ERM is demonstrating the value of a focused sustainability program in how we operate, serve the needs of our clients, and provide leadership in the debate on many sustainability challenges."
Read the full report
For more information about Sustainability at ERM contact email@example.com.