Food, beverage, and agribusiness companies in South and Southeast Asia have been under growing pressure from regulators, investors, and customers to increase the pace, scale, and transparency of their climate-related actions. These companies are also some of the most impacted by climate risks as their entire value chain can be affected, including the resilience of their supply chain and operations.
As we enter the ‘Decade of Action’, companies are adopting net zero climate targets and bold actions to address climate change. As of 2021, more than 70 companies in Asia Pacific have committed to reach net zero emissions as part of the Business Ambition for 1.5°C campaign, including 10 in the food, beverage and agribusiness sector, and over 260 companies in the region have committed to Science Based Targets. However, even when setting the targets, companies do not always understand how to reach the goal and bring various climate initiatives together under one climate strategy covering among all business processes.
For companies looking towards net zero targets, the webinar will bring insights on how to set and achieve ambitious net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions targets with concrete examples from a peer in the food, beverage, and agribusiness sector. For those who have already set climate and net zero targets, the webinar will suggest how to translate them into local actions in the countries of this region.
Join this webinar to:
- Understand how to define, localize, and implement net zero emissions targets, including in your own operations and along your value chain;
- How to bring all your climate initiatives together under one climate strategy, including net zero actions and climate risk management;
- Decode climate disclosure frameworks to meet growing stakeholder expectations;
- Hear from industry peers, about their experience and lessons learned with climate actions and targets; and
- Get information on how your company can take the next step in your climate journey.