Cost controls, supply-demand imbalances, social and safety concerns are just some of the issues the mining industry is facing.
Other major challenges center around entering new markets, capital project support and how you generally operate in a safe, compliant and sustainable way. In addition, delivering a responsible asset retirement strategy and improving transparency and corporate reporting for an increasing number of interested stakeholders are becoming increasingly important.
Specifically this can include:
- Merger & Acquisition and Project Finance: Buyer and vendor due diligence, transaction strategy to enhance/protect reputation, liability estimation, compliance assessments, material issue identification and quantification, financial modeling
- Maximizing productivity and efficiency in a capital constrained environment: Data efficiency, system streamlining, resource efficiency, Information Solutions, capital project execution (npv assessments, risk identification of key issues across the life cycle)
- Safety: major incident and accident prevention, reducing likelihood of fatalities, improved risk management and control
- Water Management: Corporate strategy, risk based approach, technical solutions, climate change adaptation
- Social Issues, including Human Rights and a social license to operate: Resettlement, stakeholder mapping and engagement, local economic development programs, strategy, community conflict resolution, infrastructure access
- Mine Closure: closure strategy, closure execution plans, closure risk assessment, community master plans, predictive modeling, financial provisioning, portfolio assessment, closure optimization through physical asset recovery
ERM understands the implications of the major issues faced in the mining and metals industry and, depending on the client need, address them from a strategic and tactical level, using a blend of skills and experience from the range of services we provide.