Stephen Pang, Senior Consultant in Hong Kong, gave a guest lecture to masters students in the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in February 2019. He provided insights into ERM’s Process Safety and Risk Management consultancy services that support the chemical process industry on inherent safe design and decision-making.
Stephen shared examples from several projects, including:
- hazard and operability study for a nitrogen generation system in Kazakhstan;
- safety integrity level classification study using layer of protection analysis approach for compressors in Japan;
- quantitative risk assessment study for a booster station relocation project in Japan;
- quantitative risk assessment study for a gas production plant in the vicinity of proposed development in Hong Kong; and
- computational fluid dynamic study for toxic hydrogen bromide venting dispersion for a chemical plant in Singapore.
These challenging projects reflect the importance of technical expertise when working to achieve a more sustainable world.