As regulatory requirements and social expectations continually evolve, many organizations struggle to thoroughly and cost-effectively meet their ongoing obligations.
Compliance with environmental, health and safety (EHS) and social issues is an ongoing commitment that needs to be embedded into the strategic management of business risk and visible leadership commitment and behaviors, as well as in day-to-day management systems of the operation.
Managing regulatory obligations, such as permitting and ongoing compliance, is integral to enhancing operational risk management and protecting corporate reputation. Many leading companies also view compliance as an indicator of broader operational performance factors, such as resource efficiency and business resilience.
We work with every level in the organization to define, design, and deploy programs that achieve and sustain compliance, effectively manage EHS issues, and also control operational costs and reduce risks. We improve the effectiveness of management systems and minimize disruption by working closely with clients to reduce unnecessary complexity and ease the transition on the front lines. Our approach helps clients:
- Integrate EHS social, legal and other requirements into the core business processes
- Develop and streamline compliance management systems and their implementation
- Ensure compliance with complex air, water and waste regulations and permits
- Use robust audit programs that focus on areas where risks remain
- Simplify data management and making data-driven decisions
- Safeguard business continuity and future operations
Where clients choose to implement a management system to support the evolution of their business they often seek to obtain a certification against one of the many standards available.
Our Certification and Verification Services (CVS) can provide independent accredited 3rd party certification to standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.