ERM’s comprehensive approach to sustainability is embedded in our corporate strategy with a stated purpose to "shape a sustainable future with the world’s leading organizations." A sustainable future is aligned with the 2030 ambition of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We are committed to taking a leadership position through “walking the talk” in our own business. Our corporate commitments include:
- Setting ambitious science-based targets to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions as part of a unified private sector response to the global risks of climate change. Validated by the Science Based Targets initiative, this makes us an early adopter among the professional services sector.
- Achieving net-zero carbon emissions across our operations by 2025
- Reporting to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standard through our annual Sustainability Report
- Meeting the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact, and through it a signatory to the Women’s Empowerment Principles and the Sustainable Oceans Principles
- Respecting human rights and a world free of slavery. We recognize our responsibility to support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights, as defined by the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. We report annually in compliance with the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Signatory to the Race at Work Charter driven by Business in the Community