ERM has worked extensively in Kazakhstan for more than 15 years. Our office in Almaty was established in 2005 and holds the state license on environmental protection works and services.
ERM Eurasia holds Licenses from the Republic of Kazakhstan Ministry of Environmental Protection which allow us to conduct environmental consultancy, prepare EIAs, and conduct environmental audits in accordance with Kazakhstan legal requirements.
ERM’s staff in Central Asia comprises a group of leading specialists with many years’ experience of working for western consulting companies.
Our staff are experienced in working with major international companies and International Financial Institutions including the EBRD, IFC, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and World Bank in addition to a wide number of mining, oil & gas and manufacturing companies. Key strengths of ERM in Eurasia include:
- A robust team of sustainability professionals with permanent presence in Eurasia region
- Over 3,500 successfully completed projects
- Excellent knowledge of international environmental and social requirements (IFC, EBRD, ADB, Equator Principles)
- Certified Management Systems ISO 14001:2004, ISO 9001:2008, OHSAS 18002:2007 and Social Accountability Standard SA 8000 Auditors
- Extensive network of local contacts and subcontractors
To satisfy the local content requirements, “ERM Eurasia” LLP was registered in 2015 and currently operates in the Republic of Kazakhstan.