Why our people is a material topic for ERM
Our ability to attract, develop, reward and retain talented employees is central to our business strategy and vital to our future.
Our goal is to hire passionate people from diverse backgrounds and ensure that we nurture and support their development and success. We intend to be the company that every sustainability professional wants to work for.
To meet our vision, we need people who are flexible and can adapt their talent and energy to grow with ERM, matching changes in the marketplace that impact the work we do for our clients and in a way that meets their needs and works with their personal interests, strengths and passion.
We set three targets for FY21 and met or exceeded two of them (see below). Although the increase in gender diversity among Senior Consultants, Technical Directors and Partners improved in FY21 over FY20 (5.4% vs 1.2% increase for Partners and 1.4% vs. 0.3% for Senior Consultants and Technical Directors), it fell below our companywide target. See our Diversity, equity, equality and inclusion (DE&I) section for details on how we are driving DE&I further into the business.
- Increase gender diversity among Senior Consultants, Technical Directors and Partners by 10% over previous year.
- All Business Units develop a diversity, equality and inclusion plan.
- Increase performance score of the ERM Global Inclusion Leadership Index in 40% of categories from the FY20 baseline.
- Gender diversity increased 5.4% among Partners and increased 1.4% among Senior Consultants and Technical Directors over previous year.
- All Business Units developed and began implementing a diversity, equality and inclusion plan.
- Increased performance score of the ERM Global Inclusion Leadership Index in 50% of categories from the FY20 baseline.
View our FY22 targets.