Impact through collaboration
Global Reporting Initiative
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is a nonprofit organization that promotes transparent disclosure through a comprehensive sustainability reporting framework that is highly respected and widely used around the world.
ERM’s collaborations with GRI include:
- ERM is a GRI Gold Community member and involved since 2011.
- We are a certified United States training partner, offering interactive courses and “accelerative learning” techniques. We utilize exercises designed for customized experiences, and our courses are led by experienced practitioners who are experts on the GRI framework as well as other reporting standards.
- We were a sponsor of the North American GRI summits and in 2020 delivered a master class as part of these events.
- Senior Consultant Kees Gootjes was seconded to GRI in the Netherlands. Kees advised GRI on an engagement strategy for ESG data providers, rankers and raters with the ultimate goal of harmonizing the different information requests to reporting organizations, thereby contributing to reducing the reporting burden.
- Partner Sammy Lakshmanan and team are working with GRI to facilitate the Corporate Leadership Group on Digital Reporting.
- This report has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards – core option. We were among the first organizations to adopt the GRI Standards: global best practice for sustainability reporting.