There is an urgent need to alter the way that energy is sourced, transformed and used globally.
Pressure is increasing from investors, regulators, customers and society for business and governments to transition to a low carbon economy. ERM is distinctly positioned to help our clients in the corporate, financial and government sectors to navigate this transition, from strategic advice to practical on-the-ground implementation.
We provide guidance to understand markets, technologies, policies, economics, regulations, and financing aspects, to enable the selection of options and deployment of real projects.
- Advising at sector, corporate and asset levels to identify and reduce carbon emissions and climate-related financial risk within the value chain
- Assisting companies to develop new technologies and enter new value chains
- Providing climate policy analyses and intelligence to assess evolving regulatory requirements
- Facilitating strategic, multi-stakeholder coalitions to assist clients in ensuring economically and environmentally sustainable climate policies
- Techno-economic assessment across options to decarbonize industrial, transport and built environment assets and portfolios, leading to clear recommendations
- Support for building new and repurposing existing infrastructure for the low-carbon economy at the asset, local, regional and national levels
- Helping to close, clean-up and regenerate old fossil fuel related assets as the low carbon transition gathers momentum
- Forming regional hubs of industries with shared needs for low carbon solutions such as hydrogen, heat networks or carbon capture
- Helping fuel producers understand the future offtake potential for alternative fuels to enable the energy transition
- Supporting clients to secure public funding for innovative projects and providing subsequent project management services
- Assessing how nature-based solutions and engineered removals can support carbon reduction goals and build resilience of assets impacted by climate change
ERM’s experience helping clients navigate changes across multiple sectors enables us to bring extensive technical and strategic capability, to help organizations act at the scale and speed necessary to successfully decarbonize and remain competitive.