Quality of life depends on diverse and complex ecological systems.
As a growing body of evidence and global initiatives highlight the seriousness of biodiversity decline, and as measures are put in place to reverse this trend, it is becoming increasingly important for companies to understand and minimize their impact on ecosystems.
An informed, sustainable approach to biodiversity management can provide opportunities for business stability and growth. Failing to proactively manage biodiversity-related risks appropriately can result in failure to secure required approvals, considerable cost increases, schedule delays, and friction with local communities and other stakeholders.
Understanding risks and realizing returns
ERM works with businesses, lenders, NGOs, and governments around the world to integrate biodiversity considerations into decision making, and to develop and enhance related opportunities for business. Our work ranges from high-level corporate policy support to targeted project or issue-specific work.
We work with our clients to understand the biodiversity implications of their projects, develop solutions to minimize adverse impacts, inform key decisions to ensure compliance with relevant standards, and provide strategic advice regarding project development. Our biodiversity and ecosystem offering encompasses:
- Significant projects in more than 120 countries;
- More than 250 professionals in 24 countries, offering in-depth technical expertise, paired with local knowledge;
- Globally-recognized expertise in understanding and complying with the most stringent international standards;
- Services spanning the project lifecycle, from conception and feasibility to project implementation, closure and restoration; and
- Leading-edge tools and processes developed through our work with multinational clients and partner organizations such as World Business Council for Sustainable
- Development and Forest Trend’s Business and Biodiversity Offsets Program.
- Safeguarding operations, securing new opportunities
By working with ERM, businesses can achieve strategic, operational, reputational, and financial goals that are frequently impacted by sustainable management of biodiversity and ecosystems.