ERM is pleased to announce we are now a signatory of the Race at Work Charter. An initiative driven by the organization Business in the Community, the Charter is composed of five calls to action for leaders and organizations across all sectors.
The five actions in the Charter are:
- Appoint an Executive Sponsor for race
- Capture ethnicity data and publicise progress
- Commit at board level to zero tolerance of harassment and bullying
- Make clear that supporting equality in the workplace is the responsibility of all leaders and managers
- Take action that supports ethnic minority career progression
By signing up, we are committing to taking practical steps to tackle barriers that racial and ethnic minority people face in recruitment and progression, and that ERM is representative of the societies in which we operate.
In June this year, ERM issued a statement by our CEO on systemic racism. Since that time, we have built upon our approach to be a truly inclusive company by continuing to listen to the voices of our racial and ethnic minority groups, understand the data we have available to us regarding race and ethnicity, as well as researching a suitable framework that connects with the type of progress we want to see within the business.
A series of initiatives across the business have also emerged to support ERM’s position on systemic racism, such as the creation of the EmbRACE employee resource group. We will report annually on progress made against the Charter actions.