ERM continues to use drone technology across the globe to more safely and efficiently gather project-specific data at a fraction of the cost compared to more traditional aerial and ground platforms. Such work includes:
- Counting turtle tracks on beaches and undertaking marine habitat assessments in Australia and Southeast Asia;
- Marking a cut-off date on resettlement projects and helping take inventory of structures and other assets;
- Helping construction clients in the United Kingdom identify solutions to minimize risk exposure to their survey teams working on airport runways;
- Generating a high-resolution digital surface model and calculating volumes for monitoring a remediation process for projects in Switzerland and Germany; and
- Pre-scanning using thermal imagery and video documenting a gas storage facility demolition project using explosives.
Drones help expedite projects, reduce operating costs and improve the safety of field personnel.