Rocky Mountain Energy Summit 2014
05 August 2014
Addressing Key Issues Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain
ERM was an exhibitor (Booth #403) and participant at COGA’s 26th Annual Rocky Mountain Energy Summit, held at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver August 4th through the 7th, 2014. The conference is widely recognized for delivering thought-provoking and progressive content and offering the best networking opportunity in the Rockies. The Summit brought together a collaborative and agile oil and gas industry, committed to responsible operation, effective public engagement, and exemplary environmental stewardship.
- Assess the state of the industry, exploring external influence, evolving regulatory environments, and the accompanying cultural shift, requiring a long-range view of community engagement.
- Explore what the future holds for energy markets, emerging technologies, and the next, unseen challenges and opportunities.
Learn more about COGA’s 26th Annual Rocky Mountain Energy Summit
Why did ERM Participate at the 2014 RMES?
The impact of unconventional resources development on the oil and gas industry and the wider geopolitical landscape, the drive to control costs, the increased interest of stakeholders and the resultant reputational effect are just some of the topline issues companies are facing. Other major challenges center around entering new markets, capital project support, and how to operate in a safe, compliant and sustainable way. In addition, delivering a responsible asset retirement strategy while also improving transparency and corporate reporting are further areas of focus.
Specifically this can include:
- Increasing regulatory pressure and shareholder expectations leading to the critical importance of compliance and governance
- Increasing social/political challenges including license to operate
- Evaluating and minimizing liability during acquisitions
- Addressing major accident risk
- Increasing recognition of need for “above ground” non-technical risk management to avoid delays/cost overruns to major capital projects
- Delivering performance in the face of personnel challenges including recruiting, retirements and a large contractor base
We understand the implications of the key issues across the oil and gas value chain and are focused on providing “fit-for-purpose” strategic and tactical support to ensure your business objectives are met.
Learn more about ERM’s services to the Oil and Gas Industry
ERM at RMES 2014
ERM exhibited at booth #403 throughout the conference. With a variety of ERM energy industry leaders at the conference, we were able to provide a well-rounded understanding of our services to delegates looking to find out more about ERM.