ERM's Global Remediation Management Roundtable in Italy
28 - 29 September 2017
ERM will be hosting our next Global Remediation Management Roundtable at Hotel San Rocco, at Lago d’Orta, Italy, on 28th and 29th September 2017.
This is the latest in our series of Global Remediation Management Roundtables held in Europe, North America and Brazil that provide the opportunity for senior business leaders to discuss the challenges of managing risks and generating value from impaired sites and assets. These challenges are heightened given the continued global economic constraints and the ever-increasing scrutiny on managing corporate reserves and cash flow.
ERM facilitates the roundtable, but the agenda and content is largely driven by the participants. The event will appeal to those who appreciate sharing experiences and learning from peer-to-peer interactions.
Topics for Discussion
Initial ideas of topics to be covered include:
- Update on EU legislation, with participation of Dominique Darmendrail (Common Forum)
- Asset Retirement - Sharing good (and bad) examples of how to minimize risk and costs, and maximize value
- Portfolio Management - How realistic is it to turn a legacy site portfolio into a Profit & Loss (not just a Loss)?
- Technology & Data Management - What are the recent advances? What value can this investment provide?
- Environmental Liability Reserve Estimates - Managing change and expectations, both internally and externally
- Due Diligence - Be aware of small sites, never underestimate them!
- Large scale In-Situ Thermal Remediation - What are the key issues and lessons learned so far? What are likely future developments?
- “Emerging” Contaminants - Are they the same around the globe? Where will this lead us in Europe?