There was a time that environmental, health, safety and sustainability (EHSS) efforts were focused on avoiding negative impacts, like injuries or environmental releases - today, they’re moving into the realm of the positive.
We’re now helping our clients realize how EHSS programs can be designed to add business value. They are working to better understand the value of bringing their EHSS teams together with their operations teams to substantially improve operational risk management, challenging traditional management practices and creating new ways of collaborating between typically siloed functions.
ERM is hosting Executive Business Forums around the globe to engage in a dynamic discussion around these issues. The agenda for each city is shaped by the attendee interests and concerns.
Singapore Forum: Enhancing business value through EHS/Sustainability
17 August 2017 at Capella Singapore
15:00 - 18:00 Forum Discussion
18:00 Dinner and Networking
Our Singapore forum will be held on 17 August and will focus on enhancing business value through EHS/Sustainability. As a result of the forum discussion, attendees should have practical takeaways for shorter-term solutions and longer-term strategies to realize greater business value from their respective EHS/Sustainability functions.
What to expect
- Explore topics shaped around the priorities of senior EHS/Sustainability peers.
- Learn and share with peers from different industries how they are driving the next generation of EHS/Sustainability programs.
- Understand how other organizations are adapting to global issues and stakeholder expectations.
There is no fee to attend the forum, however participation is limited. Food and beverage will be provided. Participants will cover their travel expenses. Hotel room specifics will be provided directly to participants, if required.
While the focus of the discussion will shift to reflect the regional challenges and attendee interests, there are key questions we will incorporate in Singapore discussion:
- How can senior EHSS executives exert more influence with operational leaders to help deliver business value?
- How are recent developments in financial disclosure around climate change influencing the business and sustainability agenda?
- How can senior EHSS executives help the Board and Executive Management understand environmental and social risks and their significance to business performance?
- How will technology change the future of HSE/Sustainability?
- What are the operational risk implications of global political & social change to EHSS regulation?
You can get a better idea of the discussion insights from previous forums by reading the following documents:
Integration: the next frontier for EHSS and operational risk
ERM Perspectives: Operational Performance
During our time together we will test our hypotheses between ‘business outcomes’ and ‘EHSS outputs’ through group discussion and small break out discussions. The agenda for each city is shaped by the attendee interests and concerns.
Who Should Attend
Attendance is by invitation only. This forum aims to bring together senior managers from our client organizations – Director level and above – that have a role in either leading the company’s EHSS function at the corporate level or a similarly senior role where EHS and Sustainability are critical to the success of the business. (e.g. Director of Operations, Sustainability, Supply Chain, Engineering, etc.).