The Power Companies Climate Coalition is an unincorporated association of companies engaged in the generation and distribution of electricity and natural gas, organized to advocate for responsible solutions to address climate change and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases, including through participation in litigation concerning federal regulation.
Current members Hide
Current members include:
- Calpine Corporation and its subsidiaries†
- Consolidated Edison, Inc. and its subsidiaries* †:
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc.
- Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc.
- Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, Inc.
- Con Edison Transmission, Inc.
- Exelon Corporation and its subsidiaries*:
- Atlantic City Electric Company
- Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BG&E)
- Commonwealth Edison Company (ComEd)
- Delmarva Power
- Exelon Generation Company
- Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco)
- Los Angeles Department of Water & Power* †
- National Grid USA and its subsidiaries* †:
- Massachusetts Electric Company
- Nantucket Electric Company
- Narragansett Electric Company
- National Grid Generation LLC
- Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation
- New York Power Authority* †
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company*
- Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated and its subsidiaries*:
- PSEG Energy Resources & Trade
- PSEG Fossil
- PSEG Nuclear
- PSEG Power
- Public Service Electric and Gas Company
- Puget Sound Energy*
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District*
- Seattle City Light* †
Resources and Statements Hide
Affordable Clean Energy (ACE) Rule:
- Petition for Review filed in the D.C. Circuit on September 6, 2019 *
- Power Companies Climate Coalition Statement
- Power Companies Respondents Brief Filed January 18, 2022 *
Safer Affordable Fuel-Efficient (SAFE) Vehicles Rule Part One:
- Petition for Review filed in the D.C. Circuit on November 25, 2019 †
- Statement of Power Companies Challenging SAFE Vehicle Rules Part One
- Industry Petitioners' Protective Petition filed in the D.C. Circuit on May 28, 2020
SAFE Vehicles Rule Part Two:
* The coalition members that petitioned for review of the ACE Rule on September 6, 2019 are denoted with an asterisk. The coalition subsequently opposed four petitions for certiorari filed with the U.S. Supreme Court, which the Supreme Court granted. West Virginia v. EPA, 20-1530. On January 18, 2022, coalition members submitted their brief of Power Company Respondents on the merits in these cases.
† The coalition members that petitioned for review of the SAFE Vehicles Rule Part One on November 25, 2019 are denoted with a cross. Other members of Power Companies Climate Coalition, including Exelon Corporation and its subsidiaries (Atlantic City Electric Company, Baltimore Gas and Electric Company, Commonwealth Edison Company, Constellation, Delmarva Power, Exelon Generation Company, PECO, and Potomac Electric Power), Pacific Gas and Electric Company, and Sacramento Municipal Utility District, are participating in litigation challenging these final agency actions as members of the National Coalition for Advanced Transportation, which has filed its own petition for review of these actions. Power Companies Climate Coalition member Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated and its subsidiaries (PSEG Energy Resources & Trade, PSEG Fossil, PSEG Nuclear, PSEG Power, and Public Service Electric and Gas Company) is not participating in this litigation.
Additionally, the same coalition members filed a petition for review of the SAFE Vehicles Rule Part Two on May 28, 2020.