ERM publishes its 2016 Sustainability Report
08 September 2016
ERM has published its Sustainability Report for fiscal year 2016, a year in which leading businesses are taking bold steps to sustain their organizations in the longer term while managing the needs of today.
As CEO John Alexander explains: “The challenges include navigating the transition to a lower emissions future while the global demand for energy grows. This requires doing more with less (fewer people, lower volumes of capital and far less time), overcoming natural resource constraints and delivering the required changes in uncertain market conditions. With this backdrop, global leaders have used 2015 to 2016 to build consensus on pathways for the future at several key events.”
These events include the UN Sustainable Development Summit where world leaders adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris (COP21). ERM was engaged in the business contributions and actions for both events
John adds: “The challenge facing all of us is to deliver on the commitments made at these global events. We are actively working with clients at a strategic and operational level on how to build resilience in their supply chains and businesses, secure their energy needs and identify opportunities as the economy transitions to a lower emissions future.”
It is with this in mind that we are launching our 2016 Sustainability Report summarizing ERM’s approach to managing our material issues. We demonstrate the contribution which ERM, is making to global sustainability through our work with global clients in key industries, our thought leadership activities and our support for sustainable development in local communities around the world via the ERM Foundation and its programs. This is our fourth report aligned with the GRI’s G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, representing another significant milestone in our reporting journey.
Highlights from this year’s report include:
- Over 60 case studies and profiles highlighting the sustainability impacts of our work for clients, other organizations and communities
- Advancing sustainability reporting and disclosure by improving reporting for our client and being showing active thought leadership with WBCSD.
- Our second ERM Global Safety Day which brought employees together to celebrate our performance, demonstrate safety leadership and highlight the behaviors that will drive sustained safety excellence.
- Our first-ever Global Innovation Tournament within ERM.
- Over $1 million contributed to global sustainability initiatives, including the ERM Foundation
- Celebrations for the 20th Anniversary of the ERM Foundation. More than $500,000 in grant funding and 1,800 hours of pro bono professional support were provided during the last year to our nonprofit partners.
- Our work with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through the ERM Foundation and engaging with other corporate foundations on opportunities for collaboration to make progress towards the SDGs.
Read ERM's Sustainability Report 2016