The impact of unconventional resources on the oil and gas industry and the wider geopolitical landscape, the drive to control costs, the increased interest of stakeholders and the resultant reputational effect are just some of the topline issues companies are facing.
Other major challenges center around entering new markets, capital project support, and how to operate in a safe, compliant and sustainable way. In addition, delivering a responsible asset retirement strategy while also improving transparency and corporate reporting are further areas of focus.
Specifically this can include:
- Increasing regulatory pressure and shareholder expectations leading to the critical importance of compliance and governance
- Increasing social/political challenges including license to operate
- Addressing major accident risk
- Increasing recognition of need for “above ground” non-technical risk management to avoid delays/cost overruns to major capital projects
- Delivering performance in the face of human challenges including recruiting, retirements and a large contractor base
We understand the implications of the key issues across the oil and gas value chain and, depending on the client need, address them from a strategic and tactical level, using a blend of skills and experience from the range of services we provide.